Thursday, January 7, 2010




For those of you who yearn to know what I look like but were too polite to ask, this is your lucky, lucky day. This is me about to draw on my trusty Wacom and you can see I take art seriously. Today I'm going to see how my new Epson scanner works out now that my elderly HP all-in-one went tits up last month. It's now in a happier place.








This isn't the Epson. This is the old HP. It pretty much killed all my midtones and washed out the darks so when I made adjustments they came out like the above.






I biggerized it so you can see the difference. Even my sketch lines and structure lines are in there and this was scanned on the Epson on grayscale at 600 dpi. The HP scan was scanned at the same resolution! I think I'll be happier with this machine. It's also on sale at Best Buy so GO GET ONE (Epson NX415). Rust in peace, HP!

2 comments:

Hamorhage said...

lol, nice self portrait. I'm liking thw work you're doing. Are you still drawing anatomy aswell? Its important to keep it uP!

Ann said...

Yup--still doing anatomy even if I haven't posted any lately. I have some Bridgeman I should show off soon